Spring is here! Phew! Now is the perfect time to prep your yard for all of the amazing moments you’ll spend in it this summer. Here are some creative outdoor living tips to make the most out of your backyard this summer season:
- Make it grill-friendly. Make sure you have a flat space for grill storage and use. Put in a mini concrete patio if need-be, just for this seasonal activity — you won’t regret it! If you want to take things to the next level, create an entire grill station! Take a look at some amazing grill patios found on HGTV here.
- Create a comfy dining area. Whether it’s the typical patio set, or some cozy interior-looking chairs next to a mini round table, make sure you have seating and tables that allow you to casually munch on snacks or enjoy an entire meal.
- Consider a rolling cart. Indoors you have your entire kitchen; outdoors we often try and prep meals on one little tray! To add ease to your food prep, serving, and dining experience, find or create a rolling cart and load it up with serving basics.
- Dazzle with decor. A little bit of extra effort will go along way in making your yard an attractive place to be. In addition to flowers and greenery, consider lanterns, candles, outdoor pillows, potted plants, or a mini fountain. Take a peek at some creative ideas found on Pinterest here. A great way to plan decor is to place decorative objects at at least three levels – have one or several items of beauty on the ground, at eye-level, and hanging above.
- Light it up. With easy access to solar powered light bulbs and lanterns, there’s no reason your yard can’t look as pretty at night as it does during the day. Strands of solar powered string-lights can make a big impact for a minimal investment.
- Focus on a firepit. What’s better than s’mores after dinner you might ask? Gourmet s’mores that is! Check out some fun recipes for unique s’more combos here. After your guests have enjoyed a relaxing night of backyard dining, some time around the campfire is the perfect ambient place to connect and unwind. You can hire a professional to make an elegant firepit and patio space, or consider building your own like this one here.
- Create a pet-friendly space. If you have a dog, they’ll thank you for defining a space just for them. Consider fencing off a portion of the yard just for your pup, or adding a patio play area with attractive landscape. Check out these innovative ideas for a pooch-friendly space from Houzz.
- Think about adding a sunroom. Unfortunately the outdoor season in Minnesota does eventually come to an end. To continue your outdoor lifestyle well beyond the warmest of days, consider adding a sunroom. A sunroom (or three-season porch) can be practical, beautiful, and valuable, and it’s an affordable way to add more square footage to your home.
Need help making your yard the amazing escape you want it to be? This is a great time of year to put in a deck, patio, or add on a sunroom! Connect with us at Homecare Inc Remodeling to chat with our experienced remodeling team. Minnesota remodeling for Bloomington, Edina, Minneapolis, Eden Prairie, Apple Valley, Richfield, and throughout the entire Twin Cities!